HSE Trainer for Drilling (INT)
PMO Global Services (2011) Inc. is recruiting for the role/s of HSE Trainer for a major drilling company. The role is project based in Africa with one of our key clients. Candidates MUST be bilingual in French and English or Mandarin and English (both verbal and written).
PMO Global Services are a Canadian based company with global operations, providing world leading services in Health, Safety and Environment Management, Process Safety and Safety Engineering, Regulatory and Compliance, Security and Risk Management, Project Management and the provision of skilled personnel for operations across a range of industry including oil and gas, petrochemical, mining, nuclear, energy and construction.
The key responsibilities of this role may include:
- Establish training requirements for all positions within the client
- Delivery of new hire orientation and other HSE / technical training
- Develop a training plan, incorporating timelines for re-training and procedures to accomplish the training within each department, and company-wide
- Be able to train client and contractors on the following (not exhaustive):
- Rig Pass
- Lockout Tagout
- Working at Heights
- Rigging and Slinging
- Manual Handling
- Confined Space
- Permit to Work (PTW)
- Job Safety Analysis (JSA)
- First Aid (Basic)
- Gas Testing (Basic)
- H2S (Basic)
- Assist in development of New Hire and Orientation trainings to ensure delivery of all Safety and other necessary guidance to newly hired employees
- Maintain schedules and ensure delivery of all annual Safety and Harassment Trainings, coordinating with each responsible department as needed, and conducting some training if required.
- Work closely with leaders and management to evaluate training and development needs
- Be knowledgeable in all aspects of international Best Practices, HSE regulations and related laws in order to provide assistance and recommendations to management
- Ensure the training meets company and client requirements, local legislation, and industry best practices
- Apply best practices related to HSE learning for implementation and ongoing improvement
- Work with internal stakeholders to develop training plans and schedules
- Build and maintain relationships with external service providers
- Ensure that training material is readily available for all training events
- Continuously update training materials for existing courses and manage the development of new material when necessary, including working with subject matter experts and other trainers.
- Submit regular reports to the HSE Manager on the status of the HSE training program
- Provide expertise to support company and project training initiatives
- Run reports and communicate with operations and field HSE personnel of gaps/expirations of training
- May assist in responses to requests for information or investigations.
- May assist in development of Emergency preparedness procedures and training and weekly safety and audits and inspections
- Other Safety and/or Training duties as assigned.
To be successful the ideal candidate requires:
- Candidates MUST be bilingual in French and English, or English and Chinese both verbal and written.
- Must be able to lead projects and influence others over whom no direct supervision exists.
- A passion for HSE.
- Positive and enthusiastic
- Committed to Excellence
- A high level of personal integrity
- A flexible approach and the ability to work under pressure.
- A willingness to work in harsh, demanding environments
- Promotion of HSE values and behaviours.
- Good communicator with an open and constructive styles
- Candidates need to be fit and healthy and able to pass pre-employment screening
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Detail-oriented and strong communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to multi-task and effective attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy
- Motivated; a self-starter; able to work independently
It is expected the candidate will meet some of the following educational requirements:
- Degree, certificate, or diploma in HSE from recognized institution
- 10 years experience in HSE, with at least 5 years working in occupational training in the oil and gas sector
- HSE experience directly related to drilling operations
- Computer proficiency: The candidate must have primary knowledge of: Microsoft Office Suite – Word, Excel, etc.
- International Experience; experience in Africa considered an asset
This position would be rotational. The rate offered for this role will be commensurate upon experience.
PMO Global Services will not accept telephone communications from candidates at this stage.