Environmental Superintendent (INT)
PMO Global Services is recruiting for the role of Environmental Superintendent. The role is project based in Africa with one of our key clients. Candidates MUST be bilingual in French and English, both verbal and written, required. Please note: Applicants will be contacted by our recruitment team directly. Please do not call our head office as they have no influence over recruiting.
PMO Global Services are a Canadian based company with global operations, providing world leading services in Health Safety and Environment Management, Process Safety and Safety Engineering, Regulatory and Compliance, Security and Risk Management, Project Management and the provision of skilled personnel for operations across a range of industry including oil and gas, petrochemical, mining, nuclear, energy and construction.
The key responsibilities of this role may include:
- Monitoring and supervising the implementation of company Environmental policies and procedures on all field operations sites with an emphasis on drilling and pipeline construction
- Conduct routine documented inspections of client and contractor activities
- Participating in Environmental audits to assure safe working environment is available and all safety and security concerns are addressed.
- Assuring client and contractor compliance with international best practices and other requirements.
- Create and execute beginner-level Environmental Training program for local/national Environmental Supervisors
- Investigating incidents in conjunction with supervisors and employees. Implementing corrective actions when approved.
- Support implementation of the requirements of Environmental Management System in conjunction with international best practice in seismic, exploration, construction, and production.
- Provide mentoring and coaching to field staff as required, and work with HSE trainer in ensuring that development of Trainees is supported fully
- Provide direction and oversee activities of Environmental Supervisors
- Supervise operations of the Waste Management Center
- Liaise with Government representatives on issues concerning the environmental and corporate environmental performance
- Coordinate response initiatives in the event of environmental emergencies in accordance with the corporate Emergency Response Plan
To be successful the ideal candidate requires:
- Proven experience in the role of Environmental Management in Oil and Gas (direct African experience considered a major asset)
- A high level of personal integrity
- A flexible approach and the ability to work under pressure.
- A willingness to work in harsh, demanding environments
- Promotion of HSE values and behaviours.
- Good communicator with an open and constructive styles
- Team player
- Candidates need to be fit and healthy and able to pass pre-employment screening
- Candidates MUST be bilingual in French and English, both verbal and written.
It is expected the candidate will meet some of the following educational requirements:
- Degree or diploma in Engineering, Environmental Science, Biology, Chemistry, or another related field from recognized institution
- Minimum 10 years’ overall experience in an Environmental Management, with at least 5 years in a managerial role
- Computer proficiency: The candidate must have primary knowledge of: Microsoft Office Suite – Word, Excel, Excellent written and verbal communication.
This is a project-based role with rotation. The rate offered for this role will be commensurate upon experience.
PMO Global Services will not accept telephone communications from candidates at this stage.