HSE Superintendent (DOM)
PMO Global Services is recruiting for the role(s) of HSE Superintendent. The roles are project based in Alberta with several of our key clients.
Direct HSE experience with pipeline construction or plant turnarounds is considered a major asset.
PMO Global Services are a Canadian based company with global operations, providing world leading services in Health Safety and Environment Management, Process Safety and Safety Engineering, Regulatory and Compliance, Security and Risk Management, Project Management and the provision of skilled personnel for operations across a range of industry including oil and gas, petrochemical, mining, nuclear, energy and construction.
The key responsibilities of this role may include:
- Monitoring and supervising the implementation of company HSE policies and procedures on all field operations sites
- Conduct routine documented inspections of client and contractor activities
- Participating in safety audits to assure safe working environment is available and all safety and security concerns are addressed.
- Assuring client and contractor compliance with international best practices and other requirements.
- Conducting safety training when directed.
- Investigating incidents in conjunction with supervisors and employees. Implementing corrective actions when approved.
- Support implementation of the requirements of HSEMS in conjunction with industry best practice .
- Provide mentoring and coaching to field staff as required
- Provide direction and oversee activities of HSE Supervisors
To be successful the ideal candidate requires:
- Proven experience in field HSE management
- A high level of personal integrity
- A flexible approach and the ability to work under pressure.
- A willingness to work in harsh, demanding environments
- Promotion of HSE values and behaviours.
- Good communicator with an open and constructive styles
- Team player
- Candidates need to be fit and healthy and able to pass pre-employment screening
It is expected the candidate will meet some of the following educational requirements:
- Degree or diploma in HSE from recognized institution
- Minimum 10 years’ overall experience in an HSE Management, with at least 5 years in a managerial role
- Core level of HSSE qualifications such as NEBOSH international/national certificate
- Computer proficiency: The candidate must have primary knowledge of: Microsoft Office Suite – Word, Excel, Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Class 5 Drivers license with abstract
This is a project-based role with rotation. The rate offered for this role will be commensurate upon experience.
PMO Global Services will not accept telephone communications from candidates at this stage.